Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why I love Teen Vogue!

I remember when my best friend told me that he subscribed to Teen Vogue. It was about two and a half years ago and I thought he was a total creep. Beside the fact that he was receiving a magazine that targeted females, why would you buy the one for underagers? Was he turning from gay to pervert? These questions haunted me. There must be some reason that a 20-something gay male would be loyal to a teen, fashion magazine.

Well, here's why. This tiny magazine's pages are filled with affordable, adorable and (really and truly) stylish clothes. Every page you look at it's, "I want that," and "I want that," and "holy mother of God, I want that" (you have to sound like a half-retarded pre-teen when you say this). Even though it's geared toward teens, aren't those of us in our twenties (and thirties, don't lie) still acting like teenagers? And don't teens and tweens dress like they're 28 nowadays, thongs included?

This month, the magazine features tons of beautiful Nikes. Like the white, woven high tops that I coveted a few months back from Miami to Chicago to L.A., but was too cheap to buy (mistake). I mean, look at those lusty sneakers!


There are also simple but entertaining articles and clips on tons of really rich, well-dressed girls whose clothes you wish you could afford. I could work for the next 20 years and not make what they get as allowance money. God bless them and Teen Vogue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home