Monday, March 20, 2006

Winter
This winter is apparently never going to end.
Everyone thought that it was mild this year. "Oh, how lucky to have such a warm winter," their voices cracking in the cold air. I mean, for me, 40 degrees isn't ever warm, but then again, I think it's freezing when the temperature is 70.
Last week it was in the 60s, and it actually was a fabulous change. I bought a cheap Spring coat, actually started to feel good, when winter decided to come back full force.
I feel like I just got here from Miami all over again. I cannot believe how frigid the air is and it's only back to 40-something. There is something in it that's extra cold, enhanced chapping power. And it's almost April!
It feels like Spring is the guy you dated and stopped calling you so now you sit by the phone at night, check your e-mail early every morning for any word, just a quick hi, maybe your friend ran into him at the mall. But every morning you get no e-mail or call. And that's just sort of like how I feel.
Rejected by Spring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...rejected by spring." very nice and sad but good sad as in poetic.

m.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home