Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Lazy L

No, I'm not talking about myself. Though I do fit this description.
I am talking about the L train, lame as it is to blog about a train, I am forging ahead and doing so.

This train runs slowly in the morning, especially, and is only efficient after midnight. For all the young, "hip" people living off this line, they are a rare site during rush hour. They do however, emerge in jeans and scarves throughout the work day. Do any of them have real jobs? I don't think so. The morning L is instead filled with high schoolers and mostly Hispanics and African Americans, some young white people too, but they're mostly squares (unless this is how hipsters dress to work). I'm one of them, with my loafers and my orange North Face book bag.

At night, however, this lazy train is ideal. It is a 2 second cab ride from the Lower East Side, it runs into the Meatpacking District, it links with almost every possible train and takes you straight to Williamsburg. There are always people on this train at night that don't look like they want to murder, fondle or stab you. You get a safer feeling.

Essentially this train is ideal for those who have a lax schedule and everywhere to be at night. Otherwise, take the A.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our trains here are color coded...our buses alphanumeric...and "hippsters" are definitely self-employed AKA unemployed...

love,
m.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home